Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2021

My New Addiction ---> Flipgrid

     Like many of us, I was searching for ways to connect with my class during a pandemic. Worried about how I would teach both digital and in person at the same time. Even more, as a person who loves formative assessments as a way to judge where my students are and as someone who wants to genuinely know about their students this pandemic left me scratching my head.     

    I am not one of those teachers who mandate that I see my students faces on camera during zoom sessions. I personally believe that I do not know what is going on in my students home and do not want to make them feel uncomfortable in their own home life and situation. However, because I do want to see them and hear them. That I needed something that allowed them to control the narrative and also deliver to me what I was seeking. 

    And BAM, I found this webinar online featuring Stacey Roshan speaking about Flipgrid! In this webinar she spoke about how Flipgrid allowed her to do three things:

  • Create a whiteboard style video, with or without your face included
  • Provide 1:1 attention and support to students with personalized private video feedback
  • Create mini-lessons with voice and handwriting
  • So then I was hooked! I could see my students, hear them think and give them feedback! I had to tried it.

    Which brings me to this video below, which explains the number one way, I use flipgrid in my class.





    If you have any questions, please comment below or reach out to me here. Also let me know if you use Flipgrid and how you use it in your class. 



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment